Mass fraction of moisture in the dry extract is not more than 10%.
The mass fraction of moisture in the thick extract is not more than 50%.
Mass fraction of insoluble substances in water not more than 5%.
Mass fraction of tannins in the dry extract (in terms of tannin), not less than 1.5%.
Mass fraction of tannins in the thick extract (in terms of tannin), not less than 0,5%.
As a medicinal plant, horsetail was used in ancient times. It was used to treat tumors of the stomach and liver, dropsy, intestinal disorders, etc. Later, this plant and its remarkable medicinal properties were forgotten, and used only as an herb for cleaning tin dishes. Currently, the entire ground part of horsetail is used in official and traditional medicine, cooking and as a cosmetic product, used in the form of infusions, decoctions and lotions. It is also used as one of the means for losing weight.
For culinary purposes, they use young juicy shoots collected in the spring, which, when cooked or fried, are added to an omelette, casserole. Also, greens are used as a filling for pies and pancakes. The main active ingredients of the raw materials are flavonoids, derivatives of apigenin, luteolin, kaempferol, quercetin and silicic acid; phenol carboxylic acids, tannins. Horsetail grass contains equisetonin saponin about 55 mg%, silicic acid up to 25 mg%, organic acids (linoleic, aconitic, malic, oxalic), tannins, flavonoids, bitterness, proteins up to 1.6%, fatty oil up to 3.5 %, traces of alkaloids, carotene up to 4.7 mg%, vitamin C from 30 to 190 mg%, calcium, potassium, iron, copper, magnesium, zinc, etc.
Horsetail has cleansing, anti-inflammatory, tonic, antiseptic, astringent, diuretic, antimicrobial, antihelminthic and hemostatic properties. It has a detoxification effect, including the removal of lead from the body.
Horsetail is used in:
• removes stones from the urinary system, and cleans it from toxins;
• used in the treatment of bladder stones, reduces pain in case of inflammation;
• stimulates adrenal function;
• treats not only kidney disease, but also gallstone;
• strengthens the immune system;
• improves the water-salt metabolism;
• acts as an excellent vitamin remedy;
• improves the functioning of the walls of blood vessels;
• relieves swelling;
• treats cardiovascular failure;
• promotes blood clotting;
• removes salts and toxins;
• heals ulcers, boils (boils);
• lowers blood pressure;
• has antitumor properties;
• used in the treatment of tuberculosis;
• due to its silicon content promotes hair growth;
• it is used for weight loss;
• it is used for bathing children in cases of cold;