The mass fraction of moisture in the dry extract is not more than 10%
Mass fraction of moisture in the thick extract is not more than 50%
Mass fraction of insoluble substances in water not more than 5%
Mass fraction of flavonoids in the dry extract (in terms of rutin), not less than 0.5%
Mass fraction of flavonoids in the thick extract (in terms of rutin), not less than 0.5%
Flower baskets and coltsfoot leaves contain a large amount of nutrients: phytosterones are complex natural compounds called natural cholesterol “analogue”. Vegetable lipids help control cholesterol levels in the blood, increase muscle growth, increase immunity, and have antioxidant properties; tannins have anti-inflammatory, disinfectant and vasoconstrictor effects, used to stop bleeding, disinfect and "dry" wound surfaces and inflammation foci; vegetable essential oils have a pronounced antimicrobial effect, destroy viruses, fungi and protozoa, as well as prevent the development of inflammation and the spread of infection; a mixture of plant pectins and mucus, penetrating into the upper respiratory tract, forms a protective film on the mucous membrane of the larynx, trachea and bronchi. It helps to protect the inflamed mucosa from irritation and the introduction of microbes into the thickness of tissues. Such protection speeds healing and reduces tissue inflammation; polysaccharides - complex carbohydrates, envelop irritated mucous membranes, soothe inflammation and speed up recovery; organic acids slow down cell aging, accelerate tissue regeneration, inhibit the development of purulent processes and strengthen the immune system; Tussilago – specific glycoside of coltsfoot, ensures the liquefaction of mucus in the bronchi and improves the excretion of mucus from the lower parts of the lungs.
Most often, the coltsfoot is used to treat the following diseases:
1. Diseases of the upper respiratory tract-almost any inflammatory disease of the upper respiratory tract, accompanied by cough, runny nose, attacks of suffocation and fever. Decoctions and infusions of the plant have anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, expectorant and antiseptic properties. It is especially useful to use drugs Tussilago in bronchitis, pharyngitis and other diseases in which the patient suffers from a dry cough. Due to the high content of glycosides and mucus, they envelop the inflamed mucous membrane, reducing its irritation, and due to the liquefaction of mucus and strengthening the movements of the cilia lining the bronchi, the lower parts of the lungs are cleaned of sputum faster.
2. The Tussilago, as one of the components used in the treatment of serious diseases such as tuberculosis, emphysema and silicosis; Inflammatory skin diseases – external decoctions, infusions and fresh juice of the plant is used to treat erysipelas, wounds, abrasions and ulcers. Such decoctions have antiseptic, anti-inflammatory effect and accelerate tissue healing. Useful baths and lotions with mother and stepmother in dermatological diseases, varicose veins and trophic ulcers.
3. Tussilago is used in treatment of dental diseases. It helps to reduce pain, get rid of unpleasant smell and speed up recovery in stomatitis, gingivitis, periodontal disease and other diseases of the oral cavity.
4. Tussilago helps in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract-will help mother and stepmother and gastritis, enterocolitis and other inflammatory diseases of the stomach and intestines.
5. Diseases of the genitourinary system such as cystitis, hemorrhoids and cracks of the rectum are also an indication for the use of Tussilago. In these diseases, the plant is used for the preparation of baths, enemas and douching. Due to the high content of essential oils in the mother-and-stepmother preparations plants have antihypoxic and antioxidant effects, improve metabolism and strengthen the immune system.